Building on previous letters from legal services, the CT Health Policy Project sent a letter today thanking the state for important protections adopted to protect Connecticut’s health during the pandemic. We also urged the state to adopt new policies and expand some already adopted.
- Require insurers to automatically continue providing commercial insurance during the crisis regardless of premium payments and permanently forgive premium lapses for people who have lost their jobs and/or lost income
- Streamline the Medicaid application process.
- Waive premiums for HUSKY B families.
- Ensure state residents are aware of Medicaid’s three-month retroactive coverage policy.
- Reimburse Medicaid providers who care for the uninsured at the Medicaid rate, regardless of Medicaid eligibility or immigration status
- Further extend the Special Enrollment Period at Access Health CT
- Direct the Insurance Department to make every effort to keep 2021 premiums affordable with suggestions